Notice of 2018 AGM
In accordance with CPA Bylaws, notice is hereby given of the 98th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association to start at 5:00 pm (local time) on Friday, June 15, 2018 at the Shaw Centre, 55 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 9J2.
Members are asked to consider the following
- The audited financial statements of the Association.
- Appointment of an auditor for the coming year.
- Approval of a new External Director on the Board of Directors.
- Introduction of Board Directors for the coming year.
Online Participation at the AGM
The Association will make it possible for members from all across Canada to join the meeting online as well. CPA voting members who are not personally attending the Annual General Meeting and who have not appointed a proxyholder shall be eligible to attend the meeting through the electronic meeting platform provided by the Association. Click here for detailed instructions on online registration and participation.
Instructions for Assigning Proxy
CPA Bylaws sub-section 4.(6) states that, “All Members who have voting rights have the right to vote at all Members’ Meetings, subject to the provisions outlined in sub-section 4.(7) and voting procedures established by the Board which are consistent with these Bylaws. This right shall be referred to in the notice of the meeting which may be accompanied by a form of proxy.” That is, any member who has a right to vote may confer that right to vote (with or without instructions or restrictions) to another member who has a right to vote. Restrictions may include such things as limiting the decisions on which the vote applies.
If you are unable to attend the 2018 Annual General Meeting in Ottawa, Ontario or to join the meeting online, we encourage you to use the proxy certificate to assign your vote to another CPA member who will attend. To receive an official voting card, the proxy holder must present the proxy certificate to the Credentials Committee at the Annual General Meeting.
Please note the following points:
- A member may hold no more than ten (10) proxy certificates.
- Members may not send blank (but signed) proxy certificates to other members. When a certificate is signed it must contain the name of the nominee (proxy holder).
- “Nominee” refers to the proxy holder while “Nominator” refers to the member conferring the right to vote.
- The proxy may be revoked by the Nominator up to the end of the Annual General Meeting by delivering, in writing, to the Chair of the meeting, the notice of the revocation, duly signed by the Nominator.
All members wishing to vote must be credentialed or registered online prior to the meeting. Credentialing will take place prior to the AGM on Friday, June 15, 2018 from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm and from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm (local time). Credentialing will close at 4:30 pm and the 98th AGM will start at 5:00 pm (local time) on Friday, June 15, 2018.
All relevant documents will be posted to the CPA website leading up to the AGM in May 2018.