Strategic Plan 2018
Toward 2020 and Beyond:
A National Vision for the Physiotherapy Profession in Canada
In January 2017, the Canadian Physiotherapy Association will begin identifying key goals and major priorities for the Association that will drive us toward a new Strategic Plan to guide the work of the Association and its components over the coming years. The strategic planning process will be organized around a set of key questions about challenges and opportunities facing the profession.
To answer these questions effectively, a variety of approaches will be used:
- A robust survey of physiotherapy professionals in Canada
- Consultation with other health care professionals and key stakeholders
- A regional roundtable consultation with physiotherapy leaders
A national Steering Group has been set up to guide this process, gather data and formulate recommendations about topics that are important to the planning process.
The Association continues to seek broad input from the community. Members, students, non-members, stakeholders and the public will be invited to share feedback through an online form available through this website in early 2017.
- February 2016: CPA Board and component (Branches and Divisions) leaders meet in Toronto to approve the Strategic Planning framework
- October 2016: Ron Knowles Consulting chosen to support CPA's strategic planning process
- November 2016: Steering Group set to guide CPA's strategic planning process
- January 2017: Strategic planning landscape paper on the state of physiotherapy in Canada published
- January 2017: National member survey launches